Thursday, April 9, 2009

Depotting Urban Decay Primer Potion




Everyone loves Urban Decay Primer Potion, and as well all know the packaging sucks butt. I've had mine for about six months now and while I don't use it everyday (mainly because most of the time I'm too lazy to put on eye makeup other than eyeliner and mascara) I do use it quite a bit. About two days ago I began to struggle to get any product on the applicator. From that I deduced it was either A) empty or B) time depot. Being the faithful youtube watcher I am I figured it was time to depot. Now I didn't make a video because just in case I sliced my finger off I didn't want it to be documented on my memory card. Plus if I was missing a finger it would be a pain to try to get my memory card out to delete the photo; and not to mention all the blood that would have gotten all over the camera and ruin it. Luckily enough I didn't have any major problems and was able to get quite a bit. While this isn't a video I took pictures! Hope you enjoy.




How to Depot Urban Decay Primer Potion



1. Gather the tools needed. You'll need you Primer Potion (obviously) a container to place it in (make sure it's air tight, I suggest a jar. I used a five gram one), a serrated knife, and some sort of spatula to scrape with.





2. Now make a cut into the fattest part of the container. You'll be amazed by how much stuff is in there. (I actually got my dad to cut it for me :] He rocks my socks)



3. Now use you're little spatula. I used this little nail thingermabob that came in my nail kit. To be completely honest I have no idea what it's true use is. Anywho, just scrape the product into the jar and basically clean it out completely. Get your $16 worth out of the horribly packaged sucker.



4. Now go to the skinniest part of the container at the bottom and make another incision. (My dad made me do this one and he just sat there and laughed as I struggled. Eventually I got him to do it.) This part will have a crap load as well. Again just scrape and continue to put it into your jar.



5. Once every is scraped and tucked nicely away in it's new home, you can now dispose of the the horrible (yet pretty) packaging that it came in. You should have a good about, I filled up a good portion of my 5 gram jar and I'll be set with Primer Potion for quite some time. 





I've hoped this helped. While it doens't look like that much, it's TONS. Because think about how much you actually use each time, plus it's more sanitary because you can now dip your brush into it. Enjoy guys, and remeber utilize those Fathers, chances are they're better with knives than you are.


<3
Chelsea

No comments: